Dark Sun: TDH
Tyr fast facts at a glance:
- One of the oldest surviving cities on Athas, its founding lost in the mists of a forgotten age.
- Population of around 15,000 with another 15,000 living in the surrounding Tyr valley.
- Major landmarks include the Golden Tower and the sealed Ziggurat, only recently completed.
- King Kalak, one of the sorcerer kings, has recently been deposed. An uneasy alliance of rebels, ex-templars, freed slaves and nobles has formed a new, unstable government under the leadership of King Tythian.
- Major exports include iron, a metal at least as valuable as gold on Athas.
- By order of Tythian, all slaves in Tyr have recently been freed.
The districts of Tyr include the Caravan District, the Artisan District, the Smiths’ District, the Merchant District, the Noble District and The Warrens. Tyr also features a large stadium where gladiatorial games are held. The king and templars reside in the Golden City.